Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Your (Freudian) Slip is Showing

As Steven and I were leaving the office this evening we ran into Wanda. Wanda, who not only is a member of the Thursday Night Penguin Club, She is also a top grade, heavy-duty babe. On top of that she is a top grade, heavy-duty person. Have known very few better people then Wanda.

We ventured a query on whether she will be joining us at the Penguin on the pre-planned Thursday ritual. This has been in question lately. Our Wanda went and fell in love and got herself hitched not too long ago. We are all quite happy for her, but we will miss the knee socks. And the knees. Since we had not seen her in the Penguin since the wedding, we did not have high hopes that she would be there anytime in the near future.

“I get to leave work early tomorrow, 3:30.” she replied as we were walking toward the elevator, “Otherwise I would be there.”

We teased her a little about this.

“Right!” I said.

“You can always just go there at 3:30 and wait for us.” Steven chirped.

“That won’t happen, she is a married woman now. Has to run off home.” I added.

“C’mon guys.” Wanda answered lightly “When I get to leave early, that’s the only time I get sex done in the afternoon.”

This brings Steven and I to a stop.

“Oh, I, Uh. What did you say?” I ask.

Steven looks at me.
“You heard the same thing I did didn’t you?”

“Heard what?” A confused Wanda said. “My early days are the only ones I that I get things done in the afternoon.”

“Yeah,” I say laughing “That’s what it sounds like to me!”

“WWWWWHAT?” (Wanda does that whinny girl thing great!)

“That is not what you said.” Pointed out Steven.

In her defense it had been a long day. It was a little slip of the tongue. Happens to all of us. But we know what she said.

Hopefully she will make it to the Penguin tomorrow to help celebrate Steven’s birthday. None of us will blame her though if she doesn’t make it. We know she has things to do on those early afternoons.

5 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh, God, I love this.

When I was in high school, I was in the Drama Club (like that's a shock) and was picked to play Miss Hatchett in the production of Stout Hearted Men. In this melodrama, Miss Hatchett hated men, since she had been brutally jilted years ago. We are reading through the script for the first time and I, in a ringing voice, say to the girl playing Melody Truelove "Eschew the company of men for they are the minions of Satin."

Everyone starts laughing and Miss L, our drama coach, says "It's Satan, Dana, but yeah, they like satin as well."

That's probably the biggest Freudian slip I've ever had...that I remember anyway. God knows what I say to Bobby.

10:27 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Great post Uncle Larry!

I needed the smile. Thank you.

Beth

10:06 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Argh! Would you post already? I am going through withdrawl. Dang you.

People keep calling me You People. It's ticking me off. I need a good laugh.

12:04 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Uncle Larry,

Where are you? I miss posts. I hope everything is alright.

I look forward to new posts soon!

Beth

2:01 AM  
Blogger Lioness said...

:DDDDDDD Wellll... I recently wrote "phallacy" insetad of "fallacy" in my blog. I, however, do not have things to do in the afternoon. How bleak!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger