Friday, October 29, 2004

Vote Early, Vote Often!

I must have been on another planet, because it just came to my attention that the is a very important election going on! I am of course talking about the Nick-at-Night’s 20th Anniversary of The Cosby Show! It is time to vote for your favorite episodes. The Cosby Show was one of those shows my family and I watched together. It really had an impact on my life.

I tried to vote for my favorite episode but it was not on the list. I don’t know the name of it, but I remember it like I had watched it yesterday. It went like this:

Garfield Huxtable, played by Bill Cosby, gets hired to go to Hawaii to deliver a baby for Pinky Tuxadero, cause they do not have any baby doctors there. They decide to leave their home on 1313 Mockingbird Lane in Cleveland, Ohio and make it a family vacation. So the pack up and fly out. They have all kinds of adventures, like meeting the Hawaiian native Tom Selleck (who sings to them and plays his Ukulele.) The true plot of the story is when Cleo Huxtable, the Jamaican soothsaying son, finds a small Hawaiian statue in the birth canal of a young native. He makes a necklace of it, not knowing it is cursed.

While Cleo and the rest of the family are blundering around with bad luck, Garfield Huxtable gets in an argument with Doctor Quincy and accepts a challenge that he has to sky jump over a shark. Right before he does the stunt, Cleo gives him the cursed statue for good luck. Garfield’s chute does not open; dropping him into the waiting jaws of the man-eating shark, but manages to survive. The shark gets away with the cursed statue in his stomach, and Garfield’s left arm.

Afterwards they all went to Arnolds for burgers and Potsie sang a song. Did I mention Marsha wears a bikini?

Good stuff! And yes, I do have tons of useless info in my brain. It just comes pouring out!

2 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Uncle Larry,

This would have made a great episode. I especially like the shark. He should go down in history as the greatest shark to ever live.

Beth

12:03 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

You are such a dork. I mean that, of course, in the purely affectionate way that a big sister will say to her younger brother. I loved your episode.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger