Friday, October 15, 2004

Friday in the Call Center

After only two hours at work:

Me: May I have the member's Social Security number?
Member: You need what?
Me: The member's Social Security number.
Member: My number?
Me: Are you the member?
Member: Yes.
Me: Then yes, your social security number.

You burnt your pop tart?
No, I broke my pop tart. But I have burnt them before.

You want some tea? This week I stopped drinking coffee and switched to tea. Then Wednesday I went back to coffee. Today I have been getting the coffee, and adding the tea bag to it. I'm kinda buzzing, and wide awake.

I was just checking that my phone works, I have one of those weirdo hook ups. Oh thats why you keep getting those odd calls.

I bought my halloween mask last night.
(pause and a wait for the cliche' reply, cause you know some one was going to say it)
So you still have it on?

This being a goverment building, we have the security you have to pass through to get in. Last year at halloween, I came as a pirate. I was worried that I would not be able to bring in my fake sword. No problem. Of course then I got to my office and saw Winston. He was dressed as a dead cowboy, and sure enough had two fake guns on his hip. Nice security.

Finally, not funny but I have to mention this blog from Iraq by Kevin Sites.

1 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

I bought my halloween mask last night. So you still have it on?

Why do people think that's funny? Why? Don't you know how devastating that is to a young girl who only wants to be loved? Don't you? Huh. Apparently I still have issues.

As for the tea/coffee drinker. I'm very frightened.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger