Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Nightmare (burger) King

I have tried to ignore it, but I cannot anymore. It gives me the willies! I am refering to the Burger King “Wake Up With The King” ad.

To summarize if you have not seen it:

This man wakes up and sitting next to him is a man dressed as the old 80’s Burger King mascot. Dressed in the BK colors and wearing a very freaking head that sports a grin that I cannot describe. I guess, imagine you are Jack, and the giant is about to eat you, and is very happy about it. That is the smile. Before the man can go running from the room screaming, the king hands him the new breakfast sandwich with enough greasy meat, cheese, and calories to make Calista Flockhart gain 50 lbs and then drop over from cholesterol overload. This seems to work though, because the man takes the sandwich, taste it and likes it. Him and the king have a good laugh and then hold hands.

When I was single I have to admit I woke next to some scary people, but nothing to this degree. Really, my first reaction would be lashing out, and pissing my pants. That is one scary freaken face! What else does this show us? That if you wake up a man with food, he will forgive the intrusion, and even put out. Waking up to food is good, and of course there are other ways to wake me and get me to put out. Just don’t do it in a Burger King mask!

I like offbeat ad campaigns. Mountain dew points? Good ads there. I just got in my X-Box after spending months collecting 550 bottle caps. I don’t even drink Mountain Dew! BK’s Subservient Chicken (http://www.subservientchicken.com/ ) is a great time waster, I highly recommend it. For some reason I do not find the guy in the chicken suit as scary as a demonic king waking me up. Even if he does bring food.

6 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Oh, oh, oh! I know what commercial you're talking about and it frightens me so. I completely agree. I think if I woke up next to that face, I'd probably scream and then pummel it. I agree with you completely!

11:19 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I have not seen this ad. This is probably a good thing because I don't need anything else to freak me out. I have way too much of an overactive imagination.

Dang you! You mentioned the MD word. Now I'm imagining drinking Mountain Dew. Ah. Now I'm imagining Beth kicking me in the head. Ow.

Anyway, have a good day. And I am not dating Keem, dang it. She is my roommate and much like my sister. Have you not read about my obsessive love for Rowan Atkinson and Adam West to recognize my obvious heterosexuality? C'mon. They are total stud muffins.

9:07 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I saw it tonight. It is awful. Awful in so many ways. I almost screamed when I saw it.

How could that guy just sit there when the creepy voice started talking about the double meat? How?

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dad I think the comercial is very scary. We've seen the the burger king in 2 other comercials, like this guy is opening up the window and the king gives him a breakfast burger and a bunch of birds a squirels r on him! And we will not 4get the comercial where he was playing with this other guy's dog! Ahhhhhhhhh!

-Ross Lipstock

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA ,i think this commercial is Creepy yet Hilarious.... They are really crazy..But Ill say this....Hey, Burger king Knows how to get your attention.... Right? Got mine.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call burger king corporate and complain. I did. The number is 305-378-3535. What kind of creature has a plastic head and real arms and shows up, unexpectedly beside you in bed, in the window, or rolling around the yard with your dog. I think the police need to get this guy!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger