Thursday, September 09, 2004

Ug Skittles

Skittles and me don’t get along. I am talking about the candy, not some dog or cat named skittles.

This is why. When I was about 15-16 my mom bought a big bag of skittles and put them in the candy jar in the living room. Picture me coming in. Young, studdly child of the 80’s. Mullet with a rat-tail in the back, waking up before you go-go, not caring what Frankie says. I grab a big handful of the candies, thinking they are M&M’s.

It wasn’t pretty.

The candy shell covering chocolate I expected was not there. Instead of a crunch I get a soft chewy mouthful of glob! I ran to the kitchen with multi-colored droll covering my chin. I spit the glob in the trash and recovered from the traumatic incident.

20 years later I still get chills when I see a Skittles’ commercial or pass a display at the store. I am scarred for life.

So please, I beg of everyone, label your skittles. Don’t let what happen to me be repeated!

1 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

Dude. C'mon, Skittles rock. Taste the rainbow.

I will agree with you that thinking they were M&M's could be a problem. But they are fruity and fun!

Okay, child of the 80's, do you remember the 7-Up bar? It was chocolate covered and had seven different pieces, each one with a different flavor. And there was the Marathon bar. A braid of chocolate covered caramel.

Yeah, you're right. Skittles suck. I want the cool candy back.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger