Saturday, September 04, 2004

I am happy

As we prepare to go out, she turns and ask me, "How do I look?"
After a brief second, she laughs at herself. It s that little laugh that makes my stomach do a flip.
"You look wonderful." I reply with complete honesty.

She knew what the answer would be. It is always the same answer. She never looks bad. At 6:30 AM, 9:00 PM, sleeping, cooking, driving, watching TV. She always looks wonderful.
No other person in the world is as lucky as me. She is the reason I get up in the morning. That I come home every night. When I have to spend a night away from her, I hate it. I don’t want to do it. I spent my whole life looking for her, and now that she is here, I don’t want to miss a thing. That’s our song. That’s my life.

I could not be happier spending time with world leaders, movie stars, or authors. Just being in the same room with her, doesn’t matter if I’m reading a book and she’s on the phone with a friend, makes me happy. Holding hands with her, even after almost two years, thrills me.

Now we can go back to the regular blogging. I just want to put in to perspective why all the little things, politics, stupid rules at work and in the world mean nothing. It is all left behind, when I walk into our home and there she is.

Even after a day running around with kids and washing the dog, she looks wonderful.

3 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

You made me cry. This was beautiful. This is what I look for, what, I think, everyone looks for, they just don't realize. Congratulations, Larry, you got the "big kiss."

9:43 AM  
Blogger Lioness said...

This is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! :DDDDDD

(CarpeDM, check out http://www.livejournal.com/users/onoliath, July 23rd I think. He has a list of 100 things I am pretty sure you will like.)

5:15 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Ah, that's just sweet! I'm so happy for you. She is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have her. I'm glad you found her. (And you made me cry in happiness.)

Love the blog. Keep it up.

Beth

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger