Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Good Ole' Grandma

I was walking to the bathroom, when I ran into Wendy. (damn, I make a lot of code names starting with “W”! Go figure.) She was heading out for the rest of the day, it was kinda early.

“My daughter has lice, have to go pick her up from school. I will be doing laundry all night.”

“Yea, and buying a bottle of “RID”. “ I said, “With that little comb!”

“Oh no, I use my grandmother’s old remedy. Soak in kerosene.” She replies.

“Kerosene!? Are ya crazy?” I was shocked! “Just buy a thing of RID!”

“No,” she said without pausing. “RID causes cancer!”

“and soaking in kerosene doesn’t?”
Old remedies are usually no longer used for a reason. Do not soak your child’s head in any type of gas product! Please!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. I think if you set her head on fire that'd kill em all! Yeah.... I was put back when you told me that one! Hehe! The reason why that's REALLY a bad idea is that VOC's especially petro-chemicals are easily absorbed espcially on sensitive spots like say, the head! I won't go into the boring stuff you didn't want to hear at work. (Sigh..)

3:57 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Uncle Larry,

The question I have is, "How many of ol' grandma's children didn't make it to 18?"

I don't think I'll be trying the kerosene remedy, EVER.

How many doses of RID do you think it takes to cause cancer? I remember being a kid and having lice three times total. I figure it only takes one time of kerosene and a random flame to cause a problem. That's just me though.

Your niece,

Beth

10:50 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh my goodness. I certainly hope she speaks to her doctor about this first. I don't want to read next week about Wendy having to visit the burn ward. Yikes.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger