Tuesday, March 01, 2005

"Use the Force Steve…."

A guest blog! By Steve!(It's about damn time!)

As I was sitting taking calls the other day I was thinking. Wouldn't it be great to have Jedi Knight powers of suggestion. It would make all the calls go SOOO much smoother.

Example one: Grumpy caller.
Me: Thank you for calling, can I get your member number?
Caller: Yeah its uh… 555
Me: Thank you Mr. Caller, what can I help you with today?
Caller: I think my bill is wrong.
Me: Ok, how so.
Caller: Well it's just wrong.
Me: Well lets see what we did.
I review the information and don't find anything wrong.
Me: Well it looks alright sir. I don't think it's wrong.
Caller: Now listen here. It's wrong. I know it is.
"Use the Force Steve…"
Me: "There's nothing wrong with the bill."
Caller: "There's nothing wrong with the bill." - mono tone
Me: "We did a great job on it."
Caller: "You do a great job." - mono tone
Me. "Have a great day."
Caller: "Have a great day"…
Click.

Example Two:

Caller: "I waited 20 minutes to get ahold of you. I need you to fill my prescription!"
We're not the insurance company and have nothing to do with it.
Me: "I see here that you're with Blue Monkeys. Have you called them to see if there's a problem?"
Caller: "I retired there, and you're going to help me! I need my drugs…." The caller then proceeds to tell me all sorts of nasty conditions that they have. I then wonder how they live everyday…
"Use the Force Steve.."
Me: "There's no need to be alarmed." I wave my hand at the phone.
Caller: "There's no need to be alarmed."
Me: "We don't have the information you're looking for. " Wave hand again at the phone.
Caller: "You don't have the information I'm looking for."
Me: "Call Blue Monkeys." Wave hand at the phone
Caller: "Call Blue Monkeys."
Me: "That's you're next call. Your next call. " wave hand at phone.
Caller: "That's my next call. My next call."
Click…

3 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

If only...

I wish this would work on most of the calls. Great guest post!

Beth

12:08 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I could seriously use some of that force.

Although I think I might wave my hand and say "You will now commit hari kari with a light saber."

Is that wrong?

6:00 PM  
Blogger TLG said...

aw man. I do computer support. this'd be sweet. especially for when they're not doing what i tell them to do. *wave hand* you will now reboot the computer. 'i will now reboot the computer...'

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger