Friday, November 02, 2007

Supervisor Calls

As a supervisor in a call center I get the great job of talking to the very angry customer. This may sound like fun, and it is sometimes. Most of the time though it is just a pain. Think of how many times you've had to talk to and angry, upset person on the phone. Every call I get is one of those.

As a phone rep I always hated having to get a supervisor or putting in a callback.That I failed somewhere in this call if someone else has to complete it. I try to pass this belief on too my reps. Mold them into the top rep I know they can be. And really, I don't want to talk to these people. I mean really, if I liked talking to these crazy people on the phone I would still be a phone rep.

I did have on bright, heart touching moment with a customer today. He was trying to get his power turned back on. I foolishly was trying to help.

Crazy Caller, Noticing It Is Getting Cold Out (CCNIIGCO): I don't believe you guys turned off my power! I am a great customer! I pay my bill every month, even if I can't pay the full bill I send you something!

Me: Sir, it shows here that you haven't paid anything since March.

CCNIIGCO: It's been a tough year... I'm going to call the news. 10 News will want this story!

Me: Sir, We came out to turn your meter back on, but they could not get to it. Says it is in a locked shed. We instructed you that the shed needs to be unlocked and it wasn't.

CCNIIGCO: I had it unlocked! The person I talked to said the meter was in my shed so I unlocked the door to my shed. I didn't see the meter in there, but I did what I was told!

Me: Oh, ok. So we have the wrong location for your meter? Is it on the side of your building?

CCNIIGCO: No, it is located in the other shed. I didn't unlocked that one. I wasn't told to! I was told just to unlock my shed! Your guys's customer service sucks!

ok, really i am not making this up! Pay attention people! When you say/do stupid things like this, we are laughing at you! And will be at parties, get togethers, dinners, smoke breaks, in line at the grocery store, blogs, etc...

3 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Oh, you bring back so many memories of customer calls. With over four years of supervisor calls under my belt, I know exactly what you mean.

And they do make great conversation at parties!

Love seeing you posting again! I missed you Larry!

2:50 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh, dear. I love it. No, it's located in the other shed.

What part of unlock the shed your meter is in did this moron not get? Yikes!

Missed you! Glad you're back!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry, looks like somethings never change. No matter where you take the calls. We miss ya, Catherine. Call me sometime.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger