Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I am Fred Claus

I knew it the moment I saw the preview last spring.

Fred, the brother of Santa, never quite measured up to the accomplishments of his sibling.

Bad decisions, bad relationships, and just plain bad luck kept him from being the best he could have been. Finally settling in to a life that while not bad, just not great.

Couple crazy women, couple nights in jail, couple binders are never erased from the collective family memories. Doesn't matter that now a manager in a call center, making high marks in all levels.

Being 40 years old, and still feeling like a child when talking to the parents. Never quite being good enough.

I'm sure Fred turns out ok. It is a hollywood movie.

I'm also sure Larry will be ok. While not a hollywood movie, there has to be a happy ending out there some place. Plus no family holiday get togethers this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Larry! I'm excited to see a post from you. Good to hear that you're a manager now and doing well in the position.

No family get togethers?

I hope all is well. I've missed you!

11:23 AM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Wow! A manager! That is so damn awesome.

Totally missed you as well. And I get you. Kari's winning the good kid competition. I think she cheated since she had to get pregnant in order to win.

Yeah, I'll just stick with you being my long lost brother.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger