Friday, June 10, 2005

Does a Firebear Crap in the Woods?

We are down to 2 weeks until the island campout. This promises to be lots of fun. Even more fun then last years wading trip down the Grand.

At this time we should make an inventory of what we will be needing as a group. I know some have not been camping before and may be a little nervous. That is ok. Even though everywhere you look there are trees, lakes, and other outside thingies, it really is just an illusion. We are not that far from the real world. St. Johns is only a ten minute drive. So if part way through the weekend you need to have a taste of the modern world, I will drive you there. Once there I am sure someone will be able to give us directions to a Wal-mart. Wal-Mart, where you go if you don’t know what you want, but you want it now. Like chopped liver.

I have most of the basics, and some pluses for camping, such as at least one tent, folding chairs, and things to cook with. I have a couple of sleeping bags, an air mattress, and blankets and stuff.

Unlike the canoe trip you can brings things that you won’t have to worry about falling in the water and getting wet. Examples include, but are not limited to:

a) Cameras
b) Cigarettes
c) Playing cards
d) Winston

Other things that we will need are food and probaly some type of beverage. Jello Shots also goes hand in hand with camping. We will figure out the wood situation and get that to the camp. (Say, I wonder how much wood would a woodchuck be able to chuck into a PT Cruiser if a woodchuck could chuck wood into a PT Cruiser.) I don’t have a good boom box to bring so someone will want to grab one. We do have power outlets available, just bring a cord.

If anyone wants to bring water guns, there is usually some type of water gun fight going on Saturday afternoon.

And don’t forget, Potluck dinner Saturday evening. Jello Shots are welcome and count as food.

And to go over everything, This is the weekend of June 24-25. All are welcome, and heck you can even just come out on Saturday and visit for a little while. Drop me a note and I will be sure to get you the info.

Can’t wait for this one!
-bear

3 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

Yes! A new post! Sure wish I could go but, as I told you, my sister would not be pleased if I missed her birthday. She is quite selfish sometimes.

Plus there is the whole not driving thing...I think Keem would be mad if I stole her car.

Are you still thinking about taking a trip to the MOA anytime soon (Mall of America for those who don't have to see the annoying billboards)? Let Beth and I know!

9:29 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Oh, a new post! Like DM, I am excited to see you are still out there.

Wish we could go on the trip with you! Have a great time, take some pictures, and save up lots of stories to tell!

I hope that you do make a trip to the Mall of America and then DM and I can see you and move you to the list of In Real Life friends!

Miss your posts. I hope all is going well.

Beth

2:16 PM  
Blogger TLG said...

sounds like my kinda trip :)

welcome back!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger