Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Ok, I am back!

It has been a long month. I will try to update more often now!

Been at the new job for a week. You start at the entry level with this company. That means (ug!) outgoing calls to people who have not paid their power bill! We had about 3 days training, then we were off on our own. I have done worse work before, just a matter of keeping your mouth shut and doing your job. Oh, the pain of out going call centers! I just have to hang on until I could get promoted to the next level were my dailey work will only be 50% outgoing!

Actually, I kid. I got promoted yesterday, two levels. Count them, not one but two! I did a little dance when I got this news. I knew I would advance here, but did not expect to do so within a week. I won't cheer too loud though, this wasn't just my hard work of informing people we are turning off their power with a smile, it was luck and a little good timing also. My experiance and track record did not hurt either.

No more out going! Incoming customer service baby! Get this, we get bonuses for taking a lot of calls and doing a high quality job! I know! Sounds crazy but it is true! My regret is that Maggie will not been in this office (hell, I miss the whole island!) she always keeps me on my toes and is the only one who could compete with me in call volume! Her and I together would make kiss ass bonuses!

I have 3 weeks of training now. I will update as I go. I will do one more thing.

It is baaccckkkk! It is everyones favorite! Often demanded! Never done half ass! Always taken out of context! The one and the only:

HALF HEARD QUOTE OF THE WEEK!

My neighbor yesterday was heard warning a customer that her power was about to be shut off:

"Ma'am, if you do not pay your over due bill today, we are going to terminate you tomorrow."

Remember always pay your power bill on time, we know where you live and have no problem making an example of you. Thank you for using LoanShark Power.

2 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

I have missed you so dang much, you dork! You are not allowed to disappear! Wrong! Wrong!

Anyway, I am glad you are back and I have completely missed the half heard comment.

I am thrilled that you got promoted. It is about time you found a job where they appreciate you for you and not the stupid shadow people that never did their job in the first place.

That's right, shadow people, I'm talking trash about you. You want a piece of me? Huh? Huh? I didn't think so.

Why, yes, I am still a dork.

10:48 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

I missed you! Congrats on the promotion, it sounds like you may have found the perfect fit for a job.

Great half heard comment. It's good to "see" you again.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger