Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Yoke's On Me

So I am driving down the road, feeling that life is tough. That everyone is against me. That I am just tired of the crap that seems to keep piling up.

Then I drive past a farm with a fairly good size barn. An older gentleman is standing out front with a calm look on his face. I instantly feel better. That life is not bad. That if this man can look out at his troubles and still be calm, then I should have no problems following his lead.

I slow down a little and he waves at me. I wave back. I start to stop, but he motions that everything is ok. I drive off with a long glance in my rear view mirror. Speeding up I go back to my world, leaving him, and the two hundred plus chickens that have gotten loose and are flapping wildly around his yard, behind.

3 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Uncle Larry,

This is a sweet post. I always mean to tell you how much I love reading your posts because they are so happy and uplifting. You have an amazing outlook on life and I'm so thrilled that you share it with the world here. Thank you.

Beth

11:51 PM  
Blogger Lioness said...

I'm going to do this Beth-style.

Larry:

I so enjoyed this post, thank you so much. Exactly the sort of quite, small beauty I needed.

Hugs,
Johnny

[since we're going w real names here - and yes, my name actually IS John in my mother tongue, at least part of it (it's a double name). We're funny that way. Kisses and to the Mrs.!]

12:59 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh, I love this. This is so great.

I can just see this in my mind and it is quite hilarious.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

Desert Shield/storm vet. I am the one at work who comes up with the ideas on filling up those non-work hours. (ok, who is up for canoeing this weekend?) After several wrong turns, have finally found the love of my life.

Powered by Blogger